POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MELT : Re: MELT Server Time
10 Jun 2024 03:42:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MELT
From: scott
Date: 23 Dec 2015 04:59:33
Message: <567a7085$1@news.povray.org>
> Beside the Bishop modeller, are there other programs that can understand
> the POV-Ray format of pre-defined shapes?

I'm not aware of any other software that can directly read a POV SDL file.

Your best bet is to use a 3D modeller or CAD package to design your
complex shapes with rounds, then export as a mesh to render in POV.

Or, if you are using simple shapes, create the geometry for the rounds
manually yourself in POV. It's a good exercise in maths, geometry and
CSG :-)