POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MELT : Re: MELT Server Time
10 Jun 2024 03:53:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MELT
From: Alain
Date: 24 Dec 2015 23:44:58
Message: <567cc9ca@news.povray.org>
Le 15-12-23 04:51, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Yes, point taken. I wished, POV-Ray could export scenes (as meshes) into
> the formats of other raytracers, so I could create the rounded edges
> there as meshes and export them back into a mesh that POV-Ray understands.
>
> Beside the Bishop modeller, are there other programs that can understand
> the POV-Ray format of pre-defined shapes?

I recently looked at the list of the include files and stumbled on the
Meshmaker.inc file.
Some macros from that include have the option to export as .OBJ and .PCM
files. Those can't be read back by POV-Ray, but can be used by other
packages.
Those are:
BuildWriteMesh2()
Prism1()
Lathe()
Coons()

The type of objects they can generate is quite limited, but can probably
simulate most primitives with some work.