POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparency maps Server Time
9 Jun 2024 02:57:01 EDT (-0400)
  Transparency maps (Message 1 to 10 of 36)
From: Stephen
Subject: Transparency maps
Date: 26 Nov 2014 06:36:13
Message: <5475bb2d$1@news.povray.org>
I am reworking an old globe of the Earth and I see that I used a cloud
map image with 4 bit colour depth. So that I could manage the
transparency (only 16 pallet entries).
It was okay for a small image but now I want something with more
resolution.
Any suggestions?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I am reworking an old globe of the Earth and I see that I used a cloud
> map image with 4 bit colour depth. So that I could manage the
> transparency (only 16 pallet entries).
> It was okay for a small image but now I want something with more
> resolution.
> Any suggestions?

Could you use this?

http://www.shadedrelief.com/natural3/pages/clouds.html