POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparency maps : Re: Transparency maps Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparency maps
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Nov 2014 10:34:47
Message: <5475f317$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/11/2014 15:02, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> What is a pallet-based transparency? The term is unfamiliar to me.

Not surprised. I made it up.

 From the top of my head:
It is an index of colours used in the image. In Pov we can set the
transparency and filter values in the image_map definition. Each entry
in the index can be set to a transparency, individually. I think that
pallet based images are limited to 8 bit images.
So in a cloud map each grey could have a different level of transparency.

rgb -> rgbft

--

Regards
     Stephen