POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macros and scenes for theatre sets and lighting Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Macros and scenes for theatre sets and lighting (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: TheOzule
Subject: Macros and scenes for theatre sets and lighting
Date: 8 Jan 2008 20:05:00
Message: <web.47841d0ea65983244750e03a0@news.povray.org>
I'm just putting together a set of .inc and .pov files for modelling theatres,
theatre sets and theatre lighting.  I've defined all the lanterns I use myself:

* Fresnels (MinimF, Milano, Patt123, Patt243)
* PC Spot (Acclaim PC)
* Fixed Profiles (Patt23 variants)
* Zoom Profiles (Patt 813, SIL 30, Harmony 22/40, Teatro, ..)
* PAR38 (2 bulb sizes), PAR56 (3), PAR64 (3)

and am working on various LED floods and spots.  Also included are definitions
of all Lee and Rosco gels, with published tristimulus values converted to RGB.
The lanterns are specified in a lighting-designer-friendly way, e.g.

      SL_Patt813(Where, Pointat, Angle, Tightness, Gel)
e.g.
      SL_Patt813(<0,20,-20,0.7>, <0,3,0>, 25, 5, LEE_Deep_Lavender)

(Notes: Angle is in theatre terms (whole angle) not POVray terms (half angle)
and the fourth component of 'Where' is the dimmer level.)

If anyone wants other lanterns included, e-mail me; my main reference is Richard
Pilbrow's "Stage Lighting Design" and manufacturers' web sites.  I can't find
tristimulus values for GAMcolor anywhere!

Cheers

Chris

Post a reply to this message