POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macros and scenes for theatre sets and lighting : Re: Macros and scenes for theatre sets and lighting Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macros and scenes for theatre sets and lighting
From: Kenneth
Date: 15 Jan 2008 16:55:00
Message: <web.478d2b6fb65996b078dcad930@news.povray.org>
"TheOzule" <chr### [at] chris-oslandorguk> wrote:
> I'm just putting together a set of .inc and .pov files for modelling theatres,
> theatre sets and theatre lighting.

Hi, Chris...

This is definitely of interest to me; I've been doing volunteer lighting design
(and the light-hanging itself) for about four years now, at several
not-for-profit theaters here in Virginia, USA. At one point, I put together the
rudimentary beginnings of my own lighting-design "program" using POV-Ray; useful
in a general way, but it still needs a fair amount of work (particularly in
creating "real world" theater lights with their actual light-output
characteristics; glad to see that you've tackled that. I'm impressed!)

Curious to know how (of if) you're dealing with the color-temperature shifts of
the lights as they are dimmed down. Assuming regular (i.e., non-LED) bulbs. I'm
guessing it's a fairly complex computation.

I'm not familiar with the lighting instruments you mentioned. Where are you
located?

Ken W.