POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vista and 3.6 and moray incompatibilities Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:25 EDT (-0400)
  Vista and 3.6 and moray incompatibilities (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Unit Ball
Subject: Vista and 3.6 and moray incompatibilities
Date: 26 Feb 2011 15:30:01
Message: <web.4d696256b550f90858cc18340@news.povray.org>
It has been years since the last time I used Povray. The version I used was I
think Povray 3.1. Hopefully the sdl still has some things I can recognize.

My question concerns a sentence from the download page: "Moray, like POV-Ray
3.6, has some issues running on Vista systems."

Is there a list of the problems caused by running POV-Ray 3.6. on Vista.
Would it be better to use  Pov-Ray 3.5 instead?

Any feedback on what problems people have experiences using Moray on Vista would
be useful too.

I know I need to get rid of Pista.

Post a reply to this message

> It has been years since the last time I used Povray. The version I used was I
> think Povray 3.1. Hopefully the sdl still has some things I can recognize.
>
> My question concerns a sentence from the download page: "Moray, like POV-Ray
> 3.6, has some issues running on Vista systems."
>
> Is there a list of the problems caused by running POV-Ray 3.6. on Vista.
> Would it be better to use  Pov-Ray 3.5 instead?
>
> Any feedback on what problems people have experiences using Moray on Vista would
> be useful too.
>
> I know I need to get rid of Pista.

Until Moray has been re-written it does not really work with PovRay 3.6
only 3.5. Some people run it with 3.5 then manually render the exported
pov file in 3.6.
Moray has been acquired by the Pov team and will be re-written after the
release of PovRay 3.7

--
Regards
     Stephen