POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vista and 3.6 and moray incompatibilities : Re: Vista and 3.6 and moray incompatibilities Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and 3.6 and moray incompatibilities
From: Alain
Date: 26 Feb 2011 21:32:04
Message: <4d69b7a4$1@news.povray.org>

> Ah, excellent. I have a couple of double-illuminated lampshades floating
> around that I'll need to consider upgrading. THX!
>
> --Sherry Shaw

You use it like this:

finish{diffuse 0.5, 0.3}

This mean that the front side have 50% illumination and the back side
have 30%.
You can have diffuse 0.1, 0.9 if you want to.

Normaly, you want the sum of both values plus ambient to be 1 or less.

If the object used have some thickness, you need to use radiosity to
enable the light to travel through. You'll probably need recursion_level
of 2 or more in that case. This is a case where front + back can be
larger than one, as there is an additional step.
Alternatively, you can use inside_texture{pigment{rgbt 1}} so that the
face can "see" the illumination.

Alain