POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : default pigment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  default pigment (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Subject: default pigment
Date: 13 Jan 2011 14:18:00
Message: <4d2f4fe8@news.povray.org>
Suddenly I wondered, why is black the default pigment? Wouldn't white
make more sense?

.. and also suddenly I realize somebody will see this wondering as racism :)

Anyway, off to POV-Raying again.

cu!
--
ZK

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: default pigment
Date: 13 Jan 2011 14:57:56
Message: <4d2f5943@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> Suddenly I wondered, why is black the default pigment? Wouldn't white
> make more sense?

  Because black is the lack of any color, which makes sense as a default.
(Also, if you think about it in term of numbers, zero makes sense as a
default.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message