POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Light question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  POV Light question (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: POV Light question
Date: 3 Nov 2010 02:48:37
Message: <4cd105c5$1@news.povray.org>
Apologies if this has been asked before, but (and I seem to recall
reading somewhere that ideally the only property of intensity,
fade_power, and fade_distance that would need to be changed to be
accurate to reality would be /intensity/) what, if any, unit of
luminosity is appropriate to apply to a light source if 1 POV-unit=1 m
and fade_power and fade_distance are both set to 1.0?  Does the
resulting variable of intensity have any real-world analog, or is there
any defined conversion factor?  Even an approximation would be useful.

Thanks!

--
Tim Cook

Post a reply to this message