POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Increasing calculation depth with the mandel pattern? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Increasing calculation depth with the mandel pattern? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: Increasing calculation depth with the mandel pattern?
Date: 17 Mar 2010 21:35:49
Message: <4ba18375@news.povray.org>
High!

Inspired by my loved one who is a true fractal aficionado (he also wrote
his own fractal generation tool, using QBasic!), I reactivated an old
mandelbrot zoom script from 2001 (back then using POV-Ray 3.1). But
otherwise than stated in the manual, the calculation ends not at a 10^33
magnification, but merely at about 10^14, the pattern starts to look
"blocky".

Is it possible to increase this calculation depth without hacking
POV-Ray's source code? If not, would it be legal according to the POV
license to do so?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message