POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ATARI'09 Christmas Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  ATARI'09 Christmas (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Francois LE COAT
Subject: ATARI'09 Christmas
Date: 1 Dec 2009 15:22:24
Message: <4b157b00$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Because Holly Christmas is nearly approaching, and all my best wishes
are also intended to ATARIans, I embedded on my WEB site a musical
animation elaborated with POV-Ray of the 3D PacMan in a video.

	<http://eureka.atari.org/walking.mov>

This animation can be displayed with Aniplayer 2.22 of course,

                <http://aniplay.atari.org/>
and M_Player 3 <http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/mplayerf.htm>

It requires a fast machine. I tested the video with GNU/GPL ARAnyM

	<http://aranym.org/>

I'm maintaining *miniPack* <http://eureka.atari.org/miniPack.zip>
that runs the ATARI machine supported on any computers' host systems.

The 3D modelling of the scene was performed with CyberStudio from
Tom Hudson and also Eureka 2.12, and the rendering with Persistence
Of Vision Raytracer 3.1g that I ported on the ATARI platforms.

	<http://www.povray.org/>

I wish you all an ATARI 2009 animated Merry Christmas, in advance.

Let's go for the Christmas Time now =)

--

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/

Post a reply to this message

Francois LE COAT <lec### [at] atariorg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Because Holly Christmas is nearly approaching, and all my best wishes
> are also intended to ATARIans, I embedded on my WEB site a musical
> animation elaborated with POV-Ray of the 3D PacMan in a video.
>
>  <http://eureka.atari.org/walking.mov>

that's truly retro.

Post a reply to this message

>> Because Holly Christmas is nearly approaching, and all my best wishes
>> are also intended to ATARIans, I embedded on my WEB site a musical
>> animation elaborated with POV-Ray of the 3D PacMan in a video.
>>
>>   <http://eureka.atari.org/walking.mov>
>
> that's truly retro.

Do you like it ?

Best regards,

--

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/
http://fon.gs/eureka/

Post a reply to this message

Never had an Atari but nice ;) The legs could have been moving
a bit slower to avoid the sliding effect. I also wondered why
there is a flash/highlight on the sky sphere after pacman has
completed about 200 degrees of the circle.

Post a reply to this message

> Never had an Atari but nice ;) The legs could have been moving
> a bit slower to avoid the sliding effect. I also wondered why
> there is a flash/highlight on the sky sphere after pacman has
> completed about 200 degrees of the circle.

That's a nice comments. Thanks.

This kind of flash/highlight is obtained with the glossy effect. You
can also see it with <http://eureka.atari.org/doc/images/eureka.jpg>

I wondered sometimes if it's not a kind of rendering bug with POV-Ray.

With <http://eureka.atari.org/walking.mov> it produces strange effects
in the sky. If I take out the glossy effect, it looks rather sadder.

I wish you a good nearcoming Christmas. The video is my best wishes.

Regards,