POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ATARI'09 Christmas : Re: ATARI'09 Christmas Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ATARI'09 Christmas
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 2 Dec 2009 17:25:19
Message: <4b16e94f@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Christian Froeschlin writes :
>> 3D PacMan in a video.
>
> Never had an Atari but nice ;) The legs could have been moving
> a bit slower to avoid the sliding effect. I also wondered why
> there is a flash/highlight on the sky sphere after pacman has
> completed about 200 degrees of the circle.

That's a nice comments. Thanks.

This kind of flash/highlight is obtained with the glossy effect. You
can also see it with <http://eureka.atari.org/doc/images/eureka.jpg>

I wondered sometimes if it's not a kind of rendering bug with POV-Ray.

With <http://eureka.atari.org/walking.mov> it produces strange effects
in the sky. If I take out the glossy effect, it looks rather sadder.

I wish you a good nearcoming Christmas. The video is my best wishes.

Regards,

--

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/