POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : With the IRTC coming back Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  With the IRTC coming back (Message 21 to 26 of 26)
From: Tek
Subject: Re: With the IRTC coming back
Date: 23 Mar 2008 05:21:42
Message: <47e62f36$1@news.povray.org>
No offence meant but I think Rusty is too recognisably someone else's work
and I don't really want to have to make his unique style fit into one of my
scenes.

Personally I prefer the IRTC topics of old: "sea" "elements" "minimalism"
"speed", lots of room for interpretation. If we go around making IRTC
in-jokes then we drive away the casual audience. Many entries from previous
rounds stand up perfectly well out of context and  it's that kind of
eye-catching , diverse,  unique art  that originally drew me to the IRTC.

If it was a Rusty contest I  probably wouldn't enter - I enjoy watching
Rusty, not creating fan-fic!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> We could make Rusty the topic for the first round.  I'll make the .INC
> files that I use for him available, and everyone can go nuts with it.
>
> What say ye?
>
> Regards,
> John

Post a reply to this message