POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : With the IRTC coming back : Re: With the IRTC coming back Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: With the IRTC coming back
From: John VanSickle
Date: 27 Mar 2008 12:01:13
Message: <47ebd2d9@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:

> IMO, with all due respect to the generosity of your suggestion, I would suggest
> that you first release a working Rusty under a license like CC or Blender
> Artistic License. Saying, "I could release this if given a month's notice if
> the admins decide to use it" puts a burden on them to decide sooner. Also, with
> due respect to your programming skill, Rusty.inc could be coded like sliced
> bread or hopelessly (even if surely unintentionally) obfuscated.

Mostly the latter; the scene code uses macros and declares that are
scattered over nine or ten files.

> Giving folks
> more chance to check it out could make the decision easier.  Finally, an early
> release could also make it easier for interested parties to make blender or
> other equivalent code releases of the character.

I have Blender installed, so I could release a Blender version of Rusty
(once I learn Blender enough to do this, of course).  The only real
tricky point is that I don't know how easy it is in Blender to position
the pieces that make the track that Rusty rides around on.

Regards,
John