POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : With the IRTC coming back : Re: With the IRTC coming back Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: With the IRTC coming back
From: gregjohn
Date: 27 Mar 2008 11:20:00
Message: <web.47ebc8d72a7b316a40d56c170@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
> > We could make Rusty the topic for the first round.  I'll make the .INC
> > files that I use for him available, and everyone can go nuts with it.
> >
> > What say ye?
>
> The official answer will come from the IRTC admins, of course.  If they
> tell me it's a Rusty round, the .INC files will be forthcoming;
> otherwise, I assume otherwise.
>
> Regards,
> John

IMO, with all due respect to the generosity of your suggestion, I would suggest
that you first release a working Rusty under a license like CC or Blender
Artistic License. Saying, "I could release this if given a month's notice if
the admins decide to use it" puts a burden on them to decide sooner. Also, with
due respect to your programming skill, Rusty.inc could be coded like sliced
bread or hopelessly (even if surely unintentionally) obfuscated. Giving folks
more chance to check it out could make the decision easier.  Finally, an early
release could also make it easier for interested parties to make blender or
other equivalent code releases of the character.