POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - Proposal for voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC - Proposal for voting policies (Message 31 to 40 of 53)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies
Date: 11 Mar 2008 11:11:22
Message: <47d6af2a$1@news.povray.org>

le message de news: 47d66069@news.povray.org...

> It would be neat if in the image submission process, the entrant could
> (via
> some click-through legalese) agree that the competition admins may, at
> their discretion, choose to grant third-party requests for non-commercial
> use of their entry if reasonable attempts to contact them fail*. Or have
> it
> the other way around; make this a default condition of registration/entry
> and require them to opt out of it if they do not wish to do so.

IANAL, but this seems much too vague from a legal point of view. It would be
preferable to let users choose between existing, well-established licenses
that already have formal definitions, terms and conditions. That would also
simplify image use for third parties. See for instance how Wikimedia Commons
handles this: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Licensing

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com