POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - Proposal for voting policies : Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies
From: gregjohn
Date: 11 Mar 2008 19:05:00
Message: <web.47d71dff5c79dc258ff951eb0@news.povray.org>
Given Gilles' graph, I suggest:

1) A simple scale of 1 to 10.
2) Everyone gets to nominate one image for an honorable mention of Artistic,
Technical, Theme, etc.  Entrants can win more than one, but voters must choose
a separate entry for each mention.
3) Forcing comments will elicit poorly-thought-out comments.  So don't.

As far as addresses and phone numbers, IANAL, but I wonder if there were some
countries where this could be a problem for you to obtain the address and phone
number of minors, even if you do so by an online form where they say they are of
age. And I trust Chris and David "today", but with mission drift over a decade
I'm sure that data is going to get spilled somehow somewhere along the way.

I would encourage the kind of folks that Paul Bourke was getting as judges to
register as voters.  I think it would be cool to have some people with taste
who don't necessarily know that much about ray tracing.