POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - Proposal for voting policies : Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies
From: John VanSickle
Date: 11 Mar 2008 17:50:19
Message: <47d70cab@news.povray.org>
David Buck wrote:

>    - Voters don't see who submitted the image until voting is finished

There are some artists whose views in p.o-t are enormously unpopular,
and the low esteem the consequently enjoy may spill over into the voting.

On the other hand, some artists don't need their names on their work in
order to be identifiable.

>    - Every voter must provide a comment on each image they vote on
>       - Voting is a privilege and a responsibility
>       - Providing constructive comments helps everyone
>       - The submitters put a lot of effort into their work, the
>          voters should respect that with appropriate comments

Granted, although comments will often be rote entries unless a human
being reviews the comments.

> Does this sound reasonable?

It all looks fine to me, not much different from the old rules.

Regards,
John