POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. (Message 61 to 70 of 70)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
Date: 13 Feb 2008 03:03:44
Message: <47b2a460$1@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote in message

> it's called chromatic dispersion in POV-Ray:
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/415/

Glad to see you guys answering this time of night-- well, almost 2 a.m.
local time for me-- maybe you're someplace with daylight...? LOL

That last paragraph of 2.6.1.5 Dispersion, before the section about
'caustics', will tell you this isn't about light being spread into actual
wavelengths. You use 'photons' to get the light transported onto other
surfaces or through air, otherwise this is only internal to transparent
objects that are also refractive (ior 1 for the refraction is ok).

One of my favorite things about POV-Ray, such light characteristics. Great
that it was thought of before the talk ended completely.

Bob

Post a reply to this message