POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. : Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Feb 2008 13:00:00
Message: <web.47b32fce86589f5b02cab0f0@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> (Actually, my impression is that there are some architectural
> difficulties involved with adding luminous bloom, but Warp and others
> hope to resolve that in Povray 4.)

"luminous bloom" and glare are caustics happening inside the eye and other
camera obscura devices.  Unless povray simulates what happens inside, it won't
happen and is probably better left as a postprocess effect.

But there are SDL scripts for both "luminous bloom" and glare in povray.  The
former as a postprocess using povray itself and the latter using povray disc
objects...