POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. : Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
From: William Tracy
Date: 13 Feb 2008 12:38:41
Message: <47b32b21$1@news.povray.org>
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> So Leo was right!  Cool.  I kept thinking "That's hard to program so
> it probably doesn't do it".  :)  Darn programmer in me.

I find it interesting that Povray does all sorts of conceptually
difficult things (dispersion, volumetric media) but doesn't do many
conceptually simple things (luminous bloom comes to mind).

(Actually, my impression is that there are some architectural
difficulties involved with adding luminous bloom, but Warp and others
hope to resolve that in Povray 4.)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

    "'The Force'?"
    "The Force is an energy field--"
    "Energy? But energy is force times distance."
    "And 'power of the force' would be distance times the derivative
with respect to time."
     -- Darths and Droids