POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A new SDL Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  A new SDL Idea (Message 79 to 88 of 118)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: A new SDL Idea
Date: 7 Oct 2007 05:33:57
Message: <4708a805@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George <nicolas$george@salle-s.org> wrote:
> But in the scheme I have described, he would be able to write such a
> function in Lua.

  IMO using an existing scripting language (which is radically different
from the current SDL), which has not been specifically fine-tuned for use
with POV-Ray, should only be done as a last resort, if it becomes clear
that there's no manpower or resources enough to create a designed-for-pov
scripting language.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message