POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparent objects appear opaque Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  transparent objects appear opaque (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: stevenvh
Subject: transparent objects appear opaque
Date: 18 Aug 2007 06:00:00
Message: <web.46c6c2a766ffc8e99dba500@news.povray.org>
Hi,
if I stack a number of transparent objects the area where light has to go
through 3 or more becomes opaque. Is there a logical explanation for this,
or is it a bug?
TIA

Steven

/* code
********************************************************************/
box { < 10, 0, 10 >, < -30, 1, -30 >  pigment { SteelBlue transmit 0.95 } }
box { < -10, 10, 10 >, < 30, 11, -30 >  pigment { SteelBlue transmit 0.95 }
}
box { < 10, 20, -10 >, < -30, 21, 30 >  pigment { SteelBlue transmit 0.95 }
}

camera {
    location <-40, 120, -50>
    right 1.333 * x
    look_at <0, 0, 0 >
    angle 50
    }

light_source { < -40, -200, -40 > color White }
background{Gray80}

Post a reply to this message

> if I stack a number of transparent objects the area where light has to go
> through 3 or more becomes opaque. Is there a logical explanation for this,
> or is it a bug?

global_settings
{
   max_trace_level 10
}

Every time a ray is reflected or refracted, new rays need to be shot
which could take long (or forever) to render if there were no limit.

Post a reply to this message