POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Subdivision? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh Subdivision? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Mesh Subdivision?
Date: 14 Aug 2007 20:52:05
Message: <46c24e35$1@news.povray.org>
MeshLab can subdivide, cull, re-mesh etc.
(but it's not a modeler)
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Wings3d can subdivide stuff.
http://www.wings3d.com/

And of course you'll need PoseRay
to import stuff.
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

Post a reply to this message

From: Jesse Connell
Date: 15 Aug 2007 11:51:21
Message: <46c320f9$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all the advice! I'm leaning towards POV-Ray with Subdivision
right now, mostly because the format conversions look like they'll be a
bit of a pain otherwise. (Too bad there's no source available for
PoseRay; it looks useful but I'd rather not fiddle with Wine at the moment.)

A few last questions for whoever might know: Is it likely that POV-Sub
will make it into the official packages in the future? Also, what's with
the three years without an update to the website/code? (That was what
worried me in the first place.) And finally, if I have color set at each
triangle in a mesh, would POV-Sub do something to interpolate them when
subdividing? (Don't want to get my hopes up, but that would be pretty
great.) Thanks again,

Jesse

Post a reply to this message