POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Subdivision? : Re: Mesh Subdivision? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh Subdivision?
From: Jesse Connell
Date: 17 Aug 2007 11:38:42
Message: <46c5c102$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> Jesse Connell wrote:
>> What (I think) I'd like to do is split the elements of my mesh into many
>> more elements and smooth it out. I've found a few sets of macros and
>> things for doing this, like the "New Surface Subdivision Suite" (
>> http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/nsss.htm ) and "POV-Ray with
>> Subdivision". They all seem to be unmaintained, though, or at least very
>> out of date.
>
> Jesse,
> Last time I tried the NSSS macros they worked very well, so I don't
> think that the suite needs much maintenance at the moment.
>
> Here's some images I rendered with NSSS (and some macros of my own):
> http://home.online.no/~t-o-k/POV-Ray/Mesh-Moebius_Band.jpg

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C41450e47%40news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4131f02f%40news.povray.org%3E/

OK, thanks. I thought that might be the case. Glad to hear from someone
who's used it. Like you say, it looks like it works pretty well!

Jesse