POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help me :)l Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Please help me :)l (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Michele
Subject: Please help me :)l
Date: 14 May 2007 13:40:15
Message: <46489eff$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
sorry for my poor english :)
Before all: **I'm not a 3D programmer :)**.

I have "created" with a program called "Eagle 3D" a 3D project of my
electronic board.
You can see a picture here:
http://tinyurl.com/286j2n
Now I want to design an hand that grip the electronic board, like this:
http://tinyurl.com/252wvk

Somebody can help me?? ^^'

To download Eagle3D go here:
http://tinyurl.com/24qtyu

To download my electronic board (.pov) go here:
http://tinyurl.com/25ubln

Please help me, I'm not be able to designing in 3D!

Thanks a lot and sorry, another time, for my english :)

Post a reply to this message

"Michele" <mic### [at] DiMilanomi> wrote:
> Hi all,
> sorry for my poor english :)
> Before all: **I'm not a 3D programmer :)**.
>
> I have "created" with a program called "Eagle 3D" a 3D project of my
> electronic board.
> You can see a picture here:
> http://tinyurl.com/286j2n
> Now I want to design an hand that grip the electronic board, like this:
> http://tinyurl.com/252wvk
>
> Somebody can help me?? ^^'
>
> To download Eagle3D go here:
> http://tinyurl.com/24qtyu
>
> To download my electronic board (.pov) go here:
> http://tinyurl.com/25ubln
>
> Please help me, I'm not be able to designing in 3D!
>
> Thanks a lot and sorry, another time, for my english :)

Now I am modelling a hand and I have to say that it is not easy to model a
realistic hand. If you are not in a hurry perhaps in a week I will have
something. If not, sorry. If you want to try yourself, look for Wings3D. It
is a 3D modeller and it is quite visual.

Post a reply to this message

> Before all: **I'm not a 3D programmer :)**.
>
> I have "created" with a program called "Eagle 3D" a 3D project of my
> electronic board.
> You can see a picture here:
> http://tinyurl.com/286j2n
> Now I want to design an hand that grip the electronic board, like this:
> http://tinyurl.com/252wvk
>
> Somebody can help me?? ^^'
>
> To download Eagle3D go here:
> http://tinyurl.com/24qtyu
>
> To download my electronic board (.pov) go here:
> http://tinyurl.com/25ubln
>
> Please help me, I'm not be able to designing in 3D!
>
> Thanks a lot and sorry, another time, for my english :)

If you are using windows and do not want to create a hand from scratch
you can do the following:

1) Download DAZ|Studio and its content (www.daz3d.com)
2) load the PC board you created into DAZ|Studio. If the board is not
available in a compatible format just create a simple box in DAZ|Studio
and scale it with the same dimensions and position that the original
board has.
3) load the female character that comes with DAZ|Studio. If you want a
free male character you can download a free set from
http://www.download.com/3000-20-10579249.html?part=undefined&subj=dl&tag=button
4) Pose the character's hand holding the board.
5) Export the scene to OBJ format from DAZ|Studio.
6) Use PoseRay (http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/) to convert the scene
POV-Ray code
7) Render in POV-Ray

good luck,

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: Michele
Date: 15 May 2007 02:27:04
Message: <464952b8$1@news.povray.org>
"FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> ha scritto:

[CUT]

First of all, thanks a lot for the help ^___^'

> 1) Download DAZ|Studio and its content (www.daz3d.com)

OK :)

> 2) load the PC board you created into DAZ|Studio. If the board is not
> available in a compatible format just create a simple box in DAZ|Studio
> and scale it with the same dimensions and position that the original board
> has.

DAZ|Studio seems not be able to import .pov files (or not :o)?
Then I have created a plane.

> 3) load the female character that comes with DAZ|Studio. If you want a
> free male character you can download a free set from
> http://www.download.com/3000-20-10579249.html?part=undefined&subj=dl&tag=button

Ok! I have imported Michael 3

> 4) Pose the character's hand holding the board.
> 5) Export the scene to OBJ format from DAZ|Studio.

OK

> 6) Use PoseRay (http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/) to convert the scene
> POV-Ray code
> 7) Render in POV-Ray

I have created the hand+plane but I have not success with the merge (between
the hand+plane with my board) in Povray.

If you want, you can download all files created here (700 KB):
http://tinyurl.com/2egyxr

Thanks a lot!
Bye

Post a reply to this message

From: Michele
Date: 15 May 2007 02:31:38
Message: <464953ca$1@news.povray.org>
"kike" <dry### [at] hotmailcom> ha scritto:

> Now I am modelling a hand and I have to say that it is not easy to model a
> realistic hand. If you are not in a hurry perhaps in a week I will have
> something. If not, sorry. If you want to try yourself, look for Wings3D.
> It
> is a 3D modeller and it is quite visual.

Thanks Kike for the support.
I'm not in a hurry :).
For me it's enough a hand not completely realistic!

Thanks ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: FlyerX
Date: 15 May 2007 02:58:32
Message: <46495a18$1@news.povray.org>
Michele wrote:
> "FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> ha scritto:
>
> [CUT]
>
> First of all, thanks a lot for the help ^___^'
>
>> 1) Download DAZ|Studio and its content (www.daz3d.com)
>
> OK :)
>
>> 2) load the PC board you created into DAZ|Studio. If the board is not
>> available in a compatible format just create a simple box in DAZ|Studio
>> and scale it with the same dimensions and position that the original board
>> has.
>
> DAZ|Studio seems not be able to import .pov files (or not :o)?
> Then I have created a plane.
>
>> 3) load the female character that comes with DAZ|Studio. If you want a
>> free male character you can download a free set from
>> http://www.download.com/3000-20-10579249.html?part=undefined&subj=dl&tag=button
>
> Ok! I have imported Michael 3
>
>> 4) Pose the character's hand holding the board.
>> 5) Export the scene to OBJ format from DAZ|Studio.
>
> OK
>
>> 6) Use PoseRay (http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/) to convert the scene
>> POV-Ray code
>> 7) Render in POV-Ray
>
> I have created the hand+plane but I have not success with the merge (between
> the hand+plane with my board) in Povray.
>
> If you want, you can download all files created here (700 KB):
> http://tinyurl.com/2egyxr
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Bye

You need to pose the hand in DAZ|Studio such as it is holding the board.
PoseRay is just a converter. Once the hand is posed properly export the
scene just like you did. Load the OBJ file into PoseRay and export the
POV scene. Then replace the plain board with your POV-Ray PC board. It
should match if both are the same size and position.

good luck,

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 15 May 2007 05:02:19
Message: <4649771b$1@news.povray.org>
> I have created the hand+plane but I have not success with the merge
> (between the hand+plane with my board) in Povray.
>
> If you want, you can download all files created here (700 KB):
> http://tinyurl.com/2egyxr

The hand exported OK... the objects are in the Kova_POV_geom.inc
file.  You can run the Kova_POV_scene.pov file to see what ended up
where (it looks like the hand is upside-down but that's easy to fix).

Make a pov file and #include your circuit board, and the hand ...

#include "pic.pov"
#include "Kova_POV_geom.inc"
union {
 object {Kova_SkinHand_
    pigment{color red 0.737 green 0.56 blue 0.56}
 }
 object {Kova_Fingernails_
    texture {
       pigment{color red 0.6 green 0.45 blue 0.45}
       finish{
         specular 0.4
         roughness 0.1
       }
    }
 }
 translate <80, -150, -14> // put hand under board
 rotate <180,0,0> // flip hand
 rotate <0,100,0> // point away from camera
 scale 8 // bigger
 translate <-10,-23,-10> // fine tune hand placement
}

It's also possible to edit "Kova_POV_geom.inc" to remove the
#include "Kova_POV_mat.inc",  and the references to the
materials defined there (at the end), the textures there are
wrong anyways.

The mesh of the hand has a hole where the wrist is cut... you can
plug this with wings3d, or meshlab, etc, if you want to re-convert from
obj to pov again, but that might require repositioning the hand.

Post a reply to this message

From: Michele
Date: 15 May 2007 12:30:10
Message: <4649e012$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> ha scritto:

[CUT]

Works perfectly!!
Thank you very very very very much!!

Post a reply to this message

From: news povray org
Date: 15 May 2007 14:10:30
Message: <4649f796$1@news.povray.org>
Can you send the jpg pic to see?
I am curious to see and means it is a very good ide.
Thierry

From: Michele
Date: 17 May 2007 11:12:17
Message: <464c70d1$1@news.povray.org>
"news.povray.org" <tp### [at] tpelectronicsno> ha scritto:

> Can you send the jpg pic to see?
> I am curious to see and means it is a very good ide.
> Thierry

Sure!
http://tinyurl.com/yr9jx4

Bye :)