POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help me :)l : Re: Please help me :)l Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please help me :)l
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 15 May 2007 05:02:19
Message: <4649771b$1@news.povray.org>
> I have created the hand+plane but I have not success with the merge
> (between the hand+plane with my board) in Povray.
>
> If you want, you can download all files created here (700 KB):
> http://tinyurl.com/2egyxr

The hand exported OK... the objects are in the Kova_POV_geom.inc
file.  You can run the Kova_POV_scene.pov file to see what ended up
where (it looks like the hand is upside-down but that's easy to fix).

Make a pov file and #include your circuit board, and the hand ...

#include "pic.pov"
#include "Kova_POV_geom.inc"
union {
 object {Kova_SkinHand_
    pigment{color red 0.737 green 0.56 blue 0.56}
 }
 object {Kova_Fingernails_
    texture {
       pigment{color red 0.6 green 0.45 blue 0.45}
       finish{
         specular 0.4
         roughness 0.1
       }
    }
 }
 translate <80, -150, -14> // put hand under board
 rotate <180,0,0> // flip hand
 rotate <0,100,0> // point away from camera
 scale 8 // bigger
 translate <-10,-23,-10> // fine tune hand placement
}

It's also possible to edit "Kova_POV_geom.inc" to remove the
#include "Kova_POV_mat.inc",  and the references to the
materials defined there (at the end), the textures there are
wrong anyways.

The mesh of the hand has a hole where the wrist is cut... you can
plug this with wings3d, or meshlab, etc, if you want to re-convert from
obj to pov again, but that might require repositioning the hand.