POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help me :)l : Re: Please help me :)l Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please help me :)l
From: FlyerX
Date: 15 May 2007 02:58:32
Message: <46495a18$1@news.povray.org>
Michele wrote:
> "FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> ha scritto:
>
> [CUT]
>
> First of all, thanks a lot for the help ^___^'
>
>> 1) Download DAZ|Studio and its content (www.daz3d.com)
>
> OK :)
>
>> 2) load the PC board you created into DAZ|Studio. If the board is not
>> available in a compatible format just create a simple box in DAZ|Studio
>> and scale it with the same dimensions and position that the original board
>> has.
>
> DAZ|Studio seems not be able to import .pov files (or not :o)?
> Then I have created a plane.
>
>> 3) load the female character that comes with DAZ|Studio. If you want a
>> free male character you can download a free set from
>> http://www.download.com/3000-20-10579249.html?part=undefined&subj=dl&tag=button
>
> Ok! I have imported Michael 3
>
>> 4) Pose the character's hand holding the board.
>> 5) Export the scene to OBJ format from DAZ|Studio.
>
> OK
>
>> 6) Use PoseRay (http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/) to convert the scene
>> POV-Ray code
>> 7) Render in POV-Ray
>
> I have created the hand+plane but I have not success with the merge (between
> the hand+plane with my board) in Povray.
>
> If you want, you can download all files created here (700 KB):
> http://tinyurl.com/2egyxr
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Bye

You need to pose the hand in DAZ|Studio such as it is holding the board.
PoseRay is just a converter. Once the hand is posed properly export the
scene just like you did. Load the OBJ file into PoseRay and export the
POV scene. Then replace the plain board with your POV-Ray PC board. It
should match if both are the same size and position.

good luck,

FlyerX