POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help me :)l : Re: Please help me :)l Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please help me :)l
From: FlyerX
Date: 14 May 2007 15:21:10
Message: <4648b6a6$1@news.povray.org>
Michele wrote:
> Hi all,
> sorry for my poor english :)
> Before all: **I'm not a 3D programmer :)**.
>
> I have "created" with a program called "Eagle 3D" a 3D project of my
> electronic board.
> You can see a picture here:
> http://tinyurl.com/286j2n
> Now I want to design an hand that grip the electronic board, like this:
> http://tinyurl.com/252wvk
>
> Somebody can help me?? ^^'
>
> To download Eagle3D go here:
> http://tinyurl.com/24qtyu
>
> To download my electronic board (.pov) go here:
> http://tinyurl.com/25ubln
>
> Please help me, I'm not be able to designing in 3D!
>
> Thanks a lot and sorry, another time, for my english :)

If you are using windows and do not want to create a hand from scratch
you can do the following:

1) Download DAZ|Studio and its content (www.daz3d.com)
2) load the PC board you created into DAZ|Studio. If the board is not
available in a compatible format just create a simple box in DAZ|Studio
and scale it with the same dimensions and position that the original
board has.
3) load the female character that comes with DAZ|Studio. If you want a
free male character you can download a free set from
http://www.download.com/3000-20-10579249.html?part=undefined&subj=dl&tag=button
4) Pose the character's hand holding the board.
5) Export the scene to OBJ format from DAZ|Studio.
6) Use PoseRay (http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/) to convert the scene
POV-Ray code
7) Render in POV-Ray

good luck,