POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Object Collection - Next Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:59 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Object Collection - Next (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Chris B
Subject: POV-Ray Object Collection - Next
Date: 6 Jan 2007 08:55:01
Message: <459faa35$1@news.povray.org>
Happy New Year,

This posting is a follow-up to the discussions last year on setting up a
directory on povray.org  for a collection of objects that anyone can freely
download and use.

The plan is to now start building this. I've mocked up a simple prototype
and Chris Cason has offered to set up an area on the server where we can
construct what we need and integrate it with the server-side database and
file system. We should also be getting a newsgroup where we can cover any
outstanding issues and manage the setup and longer term operations of this
facility.

You can help:
 1. One or two people with DHTML/Javascript, PHP and/or SQL experience and
spare time over the next few weeks are needed to help with setup.
 2. One or more people will be needed to oversee the various parts of the
collection once it's up and running. This means checking new submissions
regularly to make sure they're well indexed, clearly described and correctly
categorised, monitoring the newsgroup etc. This will need people with a few
spare hours each week over the long term. Reasonably good vocabulary skills,
but no particular technical skills are required for this (apart from an
understanding of POV-Ray obviously).

Any volunteers?

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

>  2. One or more people will be needed to oversee the various parts of the
> collection once it's up and running. This means checking new submissions
> regularly to make sure they're well indexed, clearly described and correctly
> categorised, monitoring the newsgroup etc. This will need people with a few
> spare hours each week over the long term. Reasonably good vocabulary skills,
> but no particular technical skills are required for this (apart from an
> understanding of POV-Ray obviously).

I can help with this.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message