POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Object Collection - Next : Re: POV-Ray Object Collection - Next Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:32:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Object Collection - Next
From: waggy
Date: 21 Jan 2007 16:15:01
Message: <web.45b3d6fbaf3a7b66442464bf0@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
>  1. One or two people with DHTML/Javascript, PHP and/or SQL experience and
> spare time over the next few weeks are needed to help with setup.

I can help some here.  (Experience: ~15yr SQL, ~10yr DHTML/Javascript, <5yr
PHP, off and on.)  I've gone back to school (civil engineering), but
usually manage to make some time.

>  2. One or more people will be needed to oversee the various parts of the
> collection once it's up and running. This means checking new submissions
> regularly to make sure they're well indexed, clearly described and correctly
> categorised, monitoring the newsgroup etc. This will need people with a few
> spare hours each week over the long term. Reasonably good vocabulary skills,
> but no particular technical skills are required for this (apart from an
> understanding of POV-Ray obviously).
>
> Any volunteers?

I can help here, as well, or wherever there is the greater need.  I'm
particularly interested in textures, algorithmic objects, and animation.
(Experience dates back to POV-Ray--though not DKBTrace--on an Amiga 2500, I
can't remember when.)

I second the 'keyword tagging over categorizing' suggestion.

-David Wagner