POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Real benefit of a 64 bit Pov binary on a 64 bit CPU in a 64 bit opsys? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Real benefit of a 64 bit Pov binary on a 64 bit CPU in a 64 bit opsys? (Message 41 to 50 of 68)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Real benefit of a 64 bit Pov binary on a 64 bit CPU in a 64 bitopsys?
Date: 5 Aug 2006 03:59:47
Message: <44d44ff3$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Analogies with other things that work that way, like a V-8 engine having
> twice the acceleration than a 4-banger.

Which is also poop ;).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 6 Aug 2006 11:45:49
Message: <44d60ead@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> Well, just because I feel it is a waste of time for me.

  Information is never a waste of time.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 6 Aug 2006 13:50:31
Message: <44d62be7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Thomas de Groot <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>
>>Well, just because I feel it is a waste of time for me.
>

>   Information is never a waste of time.

It also may be a waste of other resources, too.

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Aug 2006 03:11:51
Message: <44d6e7b7$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>> Well, just because I feel it is a waste of time for me.
>
>  Information is never a waste of time.

True. I agree. But if you lack the knowledge to appreciate particular
information, then it becomes random noise so to speak :-)

What I mean is that instead of spending (precious) time struggling through
information I do not really understand, I prefer to concentrate upon what I
need to do. Time is short...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Thomas de Groot <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> What I mean is that instead of spending (precious) time struggling through
> information I do not really understand, I prefer to concentrate upon what I
> need to do. Time is short...

  And then, when you don't have even the most basic information, you make
all kinds of wrong assumptions, mistakes and, in the worst case, a fool
of yourself.

  Basic information is never useless.

--
                                                          - Warp