POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Is this a bug? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Hugo
Subject: Is this a bug?
Date: 3 Jun 2005 19:35:03
Message: <42a0e927@news.povray.org>
Hi,

#declare MyTexture = texture{ pigment {agate} }

#declare MyOtherTexture = texture{  MyTexture pigment{ granite} }

are legal, but

#declare MyTexture = texture{ uv_mapping pigment {agate} }

#declare MyOtherTexture = texture{  MyTexture pigment{ granite} }

cause a parser error on the second declaration: no matching } in 'texture',
pigment found instead.

Is this a bug or there is some reason for things work this way?

I also found recently that POVRAY crashes on my system when using the old
tiles texture without specifying one (or both) textures of the list, e.g.

sphere{0.0, 1.0 texture{tiles {tile2}} }

results in a message box:

The POV-Ray core rendering threw an unhandled exception.

The backend thread has been shut down and will not be able to perform any
further renders.

Could someone please confirm it?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo.

Post a reply to this message

> #declare MyTexture = texture{ pigment {agate} }
>
> #declare MyOtherTexture = texture{  MyTexture pigment{ granite} }
>

> are legal, but
>

> #declare MyTexture = texture{ uv_mapping pigment {agate} }
>
> #declare MyOtherTexture = texture{  MyTexture pigment{ granite} }
>

> cause a parser error on the second declaration: no matching } in 'texture',
> pigment found instead.

Not sure about whether a bug.  You are overriding the pigment declared
in MyTexture with the definition that follows.  I guess once you
introduce uvmapping you can't do that.

This seems to work:

#declare MyTexture = texture {  pigment {agate} }

#declare MyOtherTexture =
texture {  uv_mapping MyTexture  pigment { granite} }

Post a reply to this message