POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? : Re: Is this a bug? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug?
From: Hugo
Date: 5 Jun 2005 03:54:08
Message: <42a2afa0@news.povray.org>
> I'm not exactly sure how to write it. Looking at the documentation it
> would seem correct to write it like so:
>
> texture {tiles T1 tile2 T2}
>
> with T1 and T2 being previously declared textures.

In fact the correct syntax for the old tile texture is:
texture{ tiles{ T1 tile2 T2 } } , where T1 and T2 are complete texture
statements.

> Hugo, was that tiles usage taken from an earlier scene file? Or was it
> you're own interpretation of how it the syntax for it is to be written.
> Or... did you attempt following the error message suggestion that a { was
> missing if leaving it out?
>
> I'm curious how you happened across this problem, since it seems something
> left in for backwards compatibility and not something people might be
> using still today. Of course, regardless, anything in POV is certainly
> supposed to be possible without a crash but I think the correct syntax
> needs to be realized.

Actually I am working on a POV parser and I had to check if one could
omit the textures of the list, like with the others block pattern textures.

Thank you for your answers,

Hugo.