POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? : Is this a bug? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Is this a bug?
From: Hugo
Date: 3 Jun 2005 19:35:03
Message: <42a0e927@news.povray.org>
Hi,

#declare MyTexture = texture{ pigment {agate} }

#declare MyOtherTexture = texture{  MyTexture pigment{ granite} }

are legal, but

#declare MyTexture = texture{ uv_mapping pigment {agate} }

#declare MyOtherTexture = texture{  MyTexture pigment{ granite} }

cause a parser error on the second declaration: no matching } in 'texture',
pigment found instead.

Is this a bug or there is some reason for things work this way?

I also found recently that POVRAY crashes on my system when using the old
tiles texture without specifying one (or both) textures of the list, e.g.

sphere{0.0, 1.0 texture{tiles {tile2}} }

results in a message box:

The POV-Ray core rendering threw an unhandled exception.

The backend thread has been shut down and will not be able to perform any
further renders.

Could someone please confirm it?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo.