POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Wiki Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Povray Wiki (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Povray Wiki
Date: 4 Jan 2005 08:50:32
Message: <41da9f28$1@news.povray.org>
Thought I'd start a new thread for this...

IMHO we need some catagories as a priority (if everything is added as a link
from the front page, it's going to get pretty messy pretty quickly).

I'd suggest the following as a start:

Links - for external links

Tutorials - duh...

Materials - for posting ready-made materials

Objects - for posting ready-made objects

Macros - for posting macros that do not create objects (a bit of a grey
area - for example a macro that created snow on a specified object would
belong here, even though the snow itself maybe an object)

I've set these up, but please feel free to add more or remove/modify my
additions (well, it is a wiki...)

Post a reply to this message

"Tom Melly" <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message

> Macros - for posting macros that do not create objects (a bit of a grey
> area - for example a macro that created snow on a specified object would
> belong here, even though the snow itself maybe an object)

... which means of course that I'm an idiot. Ambiguous entries (is it an
object? is it a macro?) can be linked to from both the object and macro
page...

Post a reply to this message