POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Wiki : Re: Povray Wiki Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Wiki
From: Tom Melly
Date: 4 Jan 2005 18:02:11
Message: <41db2073@news.povray.org>
"Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote in message
> The URL for the Wiki is http://povray.tirnalong.com

I'm very hopeful about this idea.

Can we register other url's and point them to the same IP address? e.g.
www.wikipov.org ?

Also, I'd suggest some forum for discussion on the structure and interface
of the site.

In terms of structure, my only comment at the moment is that it needs
thought. How will searches be structured? Or, to put it another way, how
will the site be structured so to make finding a relevant resource as easy
as possible?

Regarding the interface, it would be nice to go for a cleaner, more
recognisable look. Also, aren't there other editors that can make creating
articles less complex? (much as I like wiki in principle, I find the basic
wiki-style an obstacle to activity). Anyone know if the editor/article
interface they use at wikipedia is an available plugin?