POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Wiki : Re: Povray Wiki Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Wiki
From: Renderdog
Date: 5 Jan 2005 07:50:01
Message: <web.41dbe1bb8aadd1e24a904c7d0@news.povray.org>
A few examples of what I'm referring to...

On the materials page it is suggested that materials be
demonstrated on some "basic shapes." But they are
provided as a Moray .MDL file. Moray is a Windows
only program.

The list of external links do not provide any information
about what information the links provide. There are a
lot of lists of links for POV-Ray sites already and they
are not very useful.

The same is true for the external tutorials. For example,
"The Online POV-Ray Tutorial" is yet another site that
has minimal useful information and also another site
that was started with good intentions. It has not been
updated since 1996:
http://library.thinkquest.org/3285/index.html?tqskip1=1

I hope I don't sound too negative with these comments.
I understand the site is just in it's baby steps at this point.
I do hope the Wiki site will prove useful, but there are
many sites out there that have failed to provide anything
beyond what is already available in the official documentation.

What I'd like to see is a site whose primary purpose is
to provide useful information, not just information.