POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More than 4gig of memory? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  More than 4gig of memory? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Zesty
Subject: More than 4gig of memory?
Date: 25 Oct 2004 17:20:00
Message: <web.417d6da45b7274edbc05d790@news.povray.org>
I was on the povcomp website looking (okay, drooling) at the grand prize and
at the bottom of the description, it mentions that it can be used to render
scenes that would be "impossible with only 4 gig of memory (paraphrased)."

I admit to being very much a novice with Povray, but what scenes take more
than 4 gig of memory? Has anyone worked on such things, and are they in the
hall of fame? :)

Just curious,

Zesty

Post a reply to this message