POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3D Sound System (Message 31 to 40 of 40)
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update
Date: 26 Sep 2004 13:02:36
Message: <4156f62c$1@news.povray.org>
Rune <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:

> delete sources so that they're only used when needed. However, when I try to
> dynamically do that, Java crashes...

If it is really java itself that crashes, then this is a bug in java, not
necessarily in the application.
Have you tried upgrading to a newer version of java?

Lutz-Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 Sep 2004 13:21:56
Message: <4156fab4$1@news.povray.org>
> In one of my tests I'm using neither arrays nor lists, just two variables
> store the ID's for the two sources. Well, each source requires an integer
> array as one of the parameters, but I use one 1-element array for each of
> the two sources. These arrays can't be replaced with linked lists, since
> it's something internal in JOAL that I have no control over.

Hm. Would it be possible to delete the sources and then just recreate the
ones you still need? Or does that result in an audible sound-effect?

I'm not sure how OpenAL etc works, so just a question: if the source is
created, is it still possible to just mute it? Maybe you could bypass the
entire problem by simply letting the User define "tracks", and your
application won't output a single sound-file, but rather several ones: one
per track. Might be useful for mixing/post-processing purposes anyway, so it
wouldn't be a waste even if there is a better solution than working around
it.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>