POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System : Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update
From: Rune
Date: 26 Sep 2004 16:21:42
Message: <415724d6$1@news.povray.org>
Lutz-Peter Hooge wrote:
> Rune <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
>
>> delete sources so that they're only used when needed.
>> However, when I try to dynamically do that, Java crashes...
>
> If it is really java itself that crashes

It is...

> then this is a bug in java, not necessarily in the application.
> Have you tried upgrading to a newer version of java?

I have 1.4.2_05, which appears to be the newest version.

I'm currently trying out the competing Java binding for OpenAL that is
included with LWJGL (Light-Weight Java Game Library) and it doesn't make
Java crash where JOAL does, but it does make Java crash on some other
occasions. Besides that, the two implementations give rather different
results for the same input. I'm getting seriously confused and annoyed by
the whole thing... :(

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com