POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System : Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System - update
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 Sep 2004 13:21:56
Message: <4156fab4$1@news.povray.org>
> In one of my tests I'm using neither arrays nor lists, just two variables
> store the ID's for the two sources. Well, each source requires an integer
> array as one of the parameters, but I use one 1-element array for each of
> the two sources. These arrays can't be replaced with linked lists, since
> it's something internal in JOAL that I have no control over.

Hm. Would it be possible to delete the sources and then just recreate the
ones you still need? Or does that result in an audible sound-effect?

I'm not sure how OpenAL etc works, so just a question: if the source is
created, is it still possible to just mute it? Maybe you could bypass the
entire problem by simply letting the User define "tracks", and your
application won't output a single sound-file, but rather several ones: one
per track. Might be useful for mixing/post-processing purposes anyway, so it
wouldn't be a waste even if there is a better solution than working around
it.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>