POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oyonale 2004 update Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Oyonale 2004 update (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Oyonale 2004 update
Date: 20 Aug 2004 04:16:26
Message: <4125b35a$1@news.povray.org>
In article <4121ce26@news.povray.org> , "Gilles Tran"
<gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Just updated my website...
> http://www.oyonale.com/oy_en.htm
> Link to the "new images and resources" page
> http://www.oyonale.com/new_en.htm

I just noticed your plants demo at
<http://www.oyonale.com/histoire/images/plants_demo_360.mov>.  I have to say
for a demo image that is *very* impressive!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

From: Warp
Date: 20 Aug 2004 04:30:35
Message: <4125b6ab@news.povray.org>
> I just noticed your plants demo at
> <http://www.oyonale.com/histoire/images/plants_demo_360.mov>.  I have to say
> for a demo image that is *very* impressive!

  Btw, would it be possible to get that movie in a non-proprietary/closed
format viewable in most platforms?

  I always wonder why people are so eager to use proprietary closed
formats which require a certain specific player to watch (which is
usually available for 1-2 OSs) when there are better alternatives.
  I would understand this if the compression/quality ratio would be
superb in these formats, but it's actually the exact opposite.