POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oyonale 2004 update : Re: Oyonale 2004 update Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oyonale 2004 update
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Aug 2004 17:54:39
Message: <4126731f@news.povray.org>

news:412630dc$1@news.povray.org...
Gilles Tran wrote:

> my knowledge only Apple's Quicktime format supports the concept

>There are several different proprietary formats for doing this sort of
>thing. No standards I know of, tho.

Yes, you're right. Now I remember that there's indeed a little jungle of
vendors of panorama solutions. I investigated them when I was looking for a
good panorama format, but all of them seemed even more proprietary than
Apple, and the tools aren't free and the viewers tend to come with strings
attached etc. Not to mention the dead formats...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com