POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oyonale 2004 update : Re: Oyonale 2004 update Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oyonale 2004 update
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Aug 2004 07:54:35
Message: <4125e67b$1@news.povray.org>

news:4125b6ab@news.povray.org...
>   Btw, would it be possible to get that movie in a non-proprietary/closed
> format viewable in most platforms?

my knowledge only Apple's Quicktime format supports the concept (there's no
MPEG version).
The alternate solution is to use a JPEG with a Java applet such as PTViewer,
but because it's an applet it needs to be in its separate HTML page (I can't
link to the file directly). Also, the viewing quality is inferior to that of
QT, which is much smoother and loads progressively.
So basically I got lazy (and also concerned with the additional 1 Mb space
taken by the JPEG). I've done it for all the "artistic" panoramas (see
http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/english/mainstreet_east_jv.htm)  but gave only
the QT for the demos and the "Infinite Spire" story.
In any case, here it is.
http://www.oyonale.com/histoire/images/plants_demo.htm (I'll be adding some
other demo thingies in the next days anyway).

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com