POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gds2pov Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  gds2pov (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Roger Light
Subject: gds2pov
Date: 10 Aug 2004 05:52:14
Message: <41189ace$1@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

This is probably not directly relevant to the vast majority of people
here, but I just thought I'd share what I've been using pov for. Even if
it isn't directly relevant to you, you can see some pretty-ish pictures :)

My work involves integrated circuit design. You can get some pretty
impressive pictures when you print an entire chip design, but I thought
it'd be even better to be able to make 3D pictures.

So, I've written a program to convert the chip layout data from the
standard gds2 format to a (usually large!) pov scene file.

You probably understand why it isn't directly relevant to most people
here - only a small number of people will be able to generate the
necessary data.

Anyway, if anybody does want it, or else wants to see some of the
pictures I've generated, take a look at:

http://www.atchoo.org/gds2pov/

gds2pov is available for Windows, Linux (x86) and Solaris (Sparc).

I hope you like it :)

Cheers,

Roger

Post a reply to this message