POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gds2pov : Re: gds2pov Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gds2pov
From: Roger Light
Date: 10 Aug 2004 10:10:32
Message: <4118d758$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

>>You probably understand why it isn't directly relevant to most people
>>here - only a small number of people will be able to generate the
>>necessary data.
>

> Actually these would make fantastic landscapes with some fancy texturing and
> lighting. How is it possible to produce GDS files (with no intent whatsoever
> at chip layout...) ?

Well to be honest, if you're just wanting to make nice landscapes you'd
probably be better off just doing it in pov!

All I have there are essentially lots of prisms and lots of boxes
(although the boxes are actually implemented as mesh2 objects).

The different colours indicate different layers in the chip, different
metal conductor layers and their interconnects for example, with the
height and thickness being fixed for any given layer.

Having said that, you could try Magic (
http://bach.ece.jhu.edu/~tim/programs/magic/ ) or Electric (
http://www.gnu.org/software/electric/ ) if you are on Unix, or Lasi (
http://members.aol.com/lasicad/ ) if you are on Windows.