POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG: failed to save file Server Time
9 Sep 2024 05:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  BUG: failed to save file (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: failed to save file
Date: 19 Jul 2004 15:00:38
Message: <40fc1a56@news.povray.org>
In article <40fc182d$1@news.povray.org> , "Jeremy M. Praay"
<jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote:

> I don't want to get into the "this is a bug or not" argument, but I find it
> annoying, and this "feature" was not in 3.5.   In fact, I've returned to
> 3.5, as this seems to happen to me every few minutes when using 3.6.  I
> guess it just has to do with the way some of us stop renders/parses.

Well, that attitude is hardly helpful.  You refuse to provide any even
remotely useful description how to reproduce a problem you are seeing.  Do
you really think this makes it more likely the problem will go away in the
future?  Whining does really get nobody anywhere!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> > I don't want to get into the "this is a bug or not" argument, but I find
it
> > annoying, and this "feature" was not in 3.5.   In fact, I've returned to
> > 3.5, as this seems to happen to me every few minutes when using 3.6.  I
> > guess it just has to do with the way some of us stop renders/parses.
>
> Well, that attitude is hardly helpful.  You refuse to provide any even
> remotely useful description how to reproduce a problem you are seeing.  Do
> you really think this makes it more likely the problem will go away in the
> future?  Whining does really get nobody anywhere!

I've seen this mentioned at least a couple of other times in these
newsgroups.  I don't feel the need to mention it again and again (or at all
if someone has already mentioned it), but I don't mind saying that I'm
experiencing the same annoying problem, hoping that the more people who
mention it will lead to it getting fixed sooner.  I didn't think I was being
whiney.  I thought I was just letting someone know that this is not an
isolated case.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com

Post a reply to this message

> I've seen this mentioned at least a couple of other times in these
> newsgroups.  I don't feel the need to mention it again and again (or at all
> if someone has already mentioned it), but I don't mind saying that I'm
> experiencing the same annoying problem, hoping that the more people who
> mention it will lead to it getting fixed sooner.  I didn't think I was being
> whiney.  I thought I was just letting someone know that this is not an
> isolated case.

Well, it should be fairly obvious that only a few of the thousands of people
using POV-Ray for Windows see the problem, so obviously a tiny bit more is
needed than saying "me too".  The bug reporting guidelines in the faq group
exist for a reason ... if you do not follow them, we just won't be able to
help you.  It is that simple, sorry!