POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG: failed to save file : Re: failed to save file Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: failed to save file
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 19 Jul 2004 21:28:34
Message: <40fc7542$1@news.povray.org>
news:40fc1a56@news.povray.org...
> In article <40fc182d$1@news.povray.org> , "Jeremy M. Praay"
> <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote:
>
> > I don't want to get into the "this is a bug or not" argument, but I find
it
> > annoying, and this "feature" was not in 3.5.   In fact, I've returned to
> > 3.5, as this seems to happen to me every few minutes when using 3.6.  I
> > guess it just has to do with the way some of us stop renders/parses.
>
> Well, that attitude is hardly helpful.  You refuse to provide any even
> remotely useful description how to reproduce a problem you are seeing.  Do
> you really think this makes it more likely the problem will go away in the
> future?  Whining does really get nobody anywhere!

I've seen this mentioned at least a couple of other times in these
newsgroups.  I don't feel the need to mention it again and again (or at all
if someone has already mentioned it), but I don't mind saying that I'm
experiencing the same annoying problem, hoping that the more people who
mention it will lead to it getting fixed sooner.  I didn't think I was being
whiney.  I thought I was just letting someone know that this is not an
isolated case.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com